Sunday, February 17, 2008

American Idol

We finally found time to watch the selection of the Top 24 on TIVO last night. I felt sorry for Josiah, but I think they made the right decision in cutting him. I just wanted to cry when they first showed him living in his car. He said his parents thought he was staying with friends! I can't imagine how they feel! He just looked so young and vulnerable when he cried, talking about how it gets lonely sometimes. Anyway, he does need to grow up some before he's ready for American Idol.

David A. and Syesha are my picks for the top guy and top girl at this point. I reserve the right to change my mind as the season progresses, though! :) What do you guys think?


3 comments:

mandymu said...

After watching all the boys sing, I have to say that I love David and the guy with the dreadlocks. Lots of great talent there. SO much fun to watch!

mandymu said...

AND....
now that I've seen the girls, I have to say that I have never disagreed with Simon so much as tonight while watching these performances. Usually I really respect that he tells the truth, but this time I thought some of the girls were good that he didn't like. Hmmm...
But I still think at this point that the guys are better than the girls.

Roni said...

Yes, Simon was pretty harsh with the girls, particularly with Carly (the Irish girl). But he wasn't completely off his rocker. I, too, expected more from the girls in general. But it WAS only their first time out, and they always improve a lot. Nerves were a big issue. I don't know how they do it! Anyway, I stickin' with my two picks!