Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blogger insecurities

I do like this blogging thing, really. But I don't know what to think. What's with the "zero comments?" Is no one reading it? Do they find it boring? Is it not worthy of comment? Are they just too busy? Are they mad at me? Hmmm.

Well, I could keep doing it as a resource for the annual Christmas letter that we're two years behind on. Or I could keep doing it as a way to avoid housework. Or I could keep doing it in the hopes that there are at least some blog-lurkers out there who look without commenting.

Don't I have any friends or relatives out there who want to jump on the blog bandwagon and be my blog buddies? It's easy! Just click "Create Blog" in the upper right-hand corner, and go from there! Anyone? Share your life and your thoughts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is wonderful. AND I absolutely loved your tribute to Dave. So many of my friends have been divorced that long term successful marriages where both people still openly and regularly demonstrate their love for each other are a shining beacon of hope. We often talk about what makes a marriage work and one thing that you so clearly addressed was that it's the little things that say "I love you" and people need to recognize that. Ken has a little phrase from "The Princess Bride" that he uses to let me know he's happy to get the laundry out of the dryer or clean up the jar of salsa that has committed Hari Kari on the kitchen floor just because he loves me, "As you wish", and it ALWAYS makes my heart flutter even after hearing it for 20 years.

Kimberly Wolf

Roni said...

Oh, Kimberly, that is so sweet! I love that movie!

mandymu said...

My thoughts are that the blog is a great idea....AND that people, with all there is to read and do, are limited with their 'disposable' time. Often I will read things but keep them for several days because during the week I am pooped from work and just don't feel inspired to contribute anything more than mundane. I don't want to be mundane, so I don't say anything.
Was that mundane? :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, but don't really have time to do one myself. I should be in bed now because 5am comes early. I'm also frustrated because I don't know what my password is for my blogger username and grrr. Well, I like your blog. G'night. xoxoxox

Unknown said...

Yes, I do think it's the element of time....many of us can't read and address the subject right away and leave it until later.