Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cory's college contemplations

Funny how things happen! After several years of being determined to go to the Naval Academy and become a Marine aviator, Cory has begun to consider other options! He's thinking of majoring in some type of engineering (aerospace? aeronautical?), but he really doesn't know yet. He's liking the looks of UC San Diego, for one.

So.

It's off to the races! Wow. Time to research colleges. Time to start applying for scholarships! Cory is getting some good advice from Uncle Chris, who "really is a rocket scientist," about good engineering schools, summer internships, tips to prepare, etc. Thanks, Chris!

Who knows what the future holds? It's amazing how fast this time has arrived! When the boys were little, people would say, "Enjoy this time, because it goes by so fast!" At the time, in the busy-ness of raising little kids, I thought, "Yeah, yeah, I'm sure it's true." But I really had no idea. You blink your eyes, and they're all grown up! The other day as I sat waiting for a check-up at the ob/gyn, I watched all the young pregnant girls coming in to hear that little heartbeat and check out that ultrasound, and I thought it seemed like just yesterday that I was one of them!

Every day is precious.

4 comments:

mandymu said...

I'm quite sure that Cory will head in the direction that God directs him to. He is a bright boy with many options. He may change directions several times on the way, too. One way or another, he has a great future ahead.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to look at Cal Poly SLO!

Unknown said...

Cory can do anything he wants, just take time to smell the roses!

Don said...

What a great picture of Mr. Cory! I know you're proud as can be...with every reason to be!

I enjoy your blog, Roni!