Monday, June 30, 2008

Chant à Paris...

I can hardly wait until tomorrow!! Cory has been in France with the Troubadours for the past 10 days, chant à Paris (singing in Paris)!! It's the trip of a lifetime, and I wish I could have chaperoned this one!! They've been performing in many of the famous cathedrals, not the least of which is Notre Dame Cathedral!! I'm hoping he'll come home with some great pictures to share...


Last month the Troubadours departed from their usual choral format, and put on a production of the new "Grease!" Actually, it was just selections from the full show, but it was the entire second half of the finale concert of the FVHS Vocal Music Program. They switched around roles, but Cory's main character was Eugene (the smart nerdy guy in Grease). Here's their opening number (you can't see much because of the lighting, but you can hear the song). Love it!

4 comments:

Don said...

WOW! I'm so impressed! (And jealous of Cory!) What a great experience for him and the group. I've been in many of those cathedrals and churches and they're magnificent. Do you know if they were going outside Paris....like to Chartres? Now THAT would be beyond amazing!!

Look at it this way...if he doesn't bring back good pictures, you'll have to go yourself to take some!

Roni said...

I'm jealous, too! They flew into Paris, and then took a commuter plane to Marseille. They stayed in a youth hostel in Aix=en=Provence. Then they did homestays for three days in Gap. Cory was on a 15-acre cow farm outside of Gap, with a view of the Alps across the countryside. Then they went to Lyon for a concert there. They took the TGV back to Paris for the remainer of the trip. I think they did a total of five concerts. It's fun looking at the French websites advertising them. Unbelieveable!

I've been to Baja--does that count? :)

Unknown said...

Beth and I went to Spain, Portugal and Tangier - we saw a cathedral in Spain. I do think that counts.

But we haven't heard more details from Cory. What a fantastic experience. Is he going to write a journal of some sort? Eager to hear.

Roni said...

I'm hoping (and encouraging) Cory to share is journal soon!