Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jane, you ignorant s*&%!!


Jane is my GPS receiver. She is named Jane because she has been known to take me on the occasional goose chase, and then I can say to her, "Jane, you ignorant s*&%!!" (Remember SNL's Weekend Update with Jane Curtain and Dan Aykroyd? They did a parody of 60 Minutes' Point/Counter-point. She would give the liberal view, and he would give the conservative counter-point, often starting off with, "Jane, you ignorant s*&%!!")

Dave and I took Jane with us on a hike today. She has not only the motor vehicle navigation mode, but a topographical mode for hiking. She can track where we go, and then we can put her on "backtrack," and she'll get us back to our base camp. I like that, because then I'm sure we won't get lost. For the most part, she performed as expected today, and we didn't have to call her any nasty names. :) We hiked through an area that burned up in the fires last October, and it was good to see how well it was recovering. There's a lot of new growth.

Now where's the gizmo that keeps us cool and refreshed as we hike? Whew, was it hot! We had to settle for a Klondike drumstick on the way home. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool hiking feature on Jane, Roni! Modern technology really does make you feel lots safer, doesn't it? I love being able to reach my boys on their cell phones when we get separated while traveling. Even in the store, when we're off shopping in different areas and it's time to go, we can reach one another. Ha.
Love, Mandy